Trucking Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Trucking Insurance Information
Commercial truck insurance helps provide financial protection for your trucking company when the unexpected happens. Since there’s no one size fits all commercial truck insurance policy, it’s crucial to work closely with an experienced agent to determine the most appropriate coverages.
Contact Total Insurance today to get started building a trucking insurance plan to meet your needs.
What Insurance Do I Need for Trucking?
Georgia trucking companies need public liability insurance to meet Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association (FMCSA) rules. They also need commercial auto liability insurance to meet Georgia’s minimum limits.
You can choose to add coverage to get help paying for damage to company-owned property, including the following:
· Comprehensive insurance can help pay for non-collision-related damage to a tractor-trailer.
· Collision insurance can help pay for damage to a tractor-trailer after it hits an object or vehicle.
If you finance or lease tractors, the lienholder requires full coverage insurance, including comprehensive and collision coverage.
Depending on your company’s risks and exposures, your agent may also recommend that you purchase the following optional coverage:
· Medical payments (MedPay) coverage can help pay medical costs for your driver and their passengers after an accident.
· Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage can help pay to repair or replace a covered tractor after an accident with a driver who does not have appropriate liability coverage.
· Non-trucking insurance can help cover an owner-operator if the insured truck is used for non-business purposes.
· Bobtail insurance can help cover property damage and bodily injury liability when the driver is not hauling a trailer or other load type.
· Non-owned trailer insurance can help an insured company pay for damages when a non-owned trailer is damaged while in the care and control of the company.
· Motor truck cargo insurance can help cover accidental damage or loss of cargo.
How Does Trucking Insurance Work?
Trucking insurance is a group of policies tailored to meet a trucking company’s or owner-operator’s needs. These policies are contracts between the company and a trucking insurance company. The insurance company agrees to provide coverage as stated in the policy documents in exchange for regular premium payments.
How Much Does Trucking Insurance Cost?
Insurance companies set trucking policy premiums based on information about the company, such as your claims history, details about the policies and the value of the property covered.
It’s essential to get multiple quotes from reputable trucking insurance companies when shopping for appropriate trucking insurance. Talk with your agent to learn more about how to get the most for your insurance dollar.
How to Get Trucking Insurance
Contact Total Insurance in Kennesaw, Georgia, to get the trucking insurance coverage you need to comply with federal and state laws and protect your company’s financial future.