Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Auto Insurance Information
Auto Insurance in Kennesaw, GA
Auto insurance is a fundamental aspect of responsible vehicle ownership and is a legal requirement in many jurisdictions. It also safeguards against unforeseen events on the road by helping to maintain the financial stability of drivers and other parties.
What Is Car Insurance?
Car insurance is a contract between an individual and an insurance company that provides financial protection in the event of a car accident, theft or damage to a vehicle. When someone purchases an auto insurance policy, they pay regular premiums to the insurance company. In return, the insurance company agrees to cover specific costs associated with accidents or other covered events up to the limits specified in the policy.
What Does Auto Insurance Cover?
An auto insurance policy may offer several different kinds of coverage, such as the following:
- Bodily injury liability coverage applies to injuries the covered driver causes to a third party in an auto accident.
- Medical payments coverage may help pay for treating injuries to the insured driver and passengers after an accident, regardless of fault.
- Property damage liability may help pay for damage caused to a third party’s property in an accident.
- Collision coverage may help pay for damage to the covered driver’s car resulting from a collision with another vehicle or object.
- Comprehensive coverage may help reimburse losses due to a covered event that isn’t a collision. This could include fire, falling objects, explosions, earthquakes, windstorms, hail, flood, vandalism and damage from wildlife.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage may help cover expenses related to injuries and property damage when hit by an uninsured, underinsured or hit-and-run driver.
How Does Car Insurance Work?
Auto insurance is a contractual arrangement where policyholders pay premiums in exchange for coverage, including liability for injuries and property damage to others and protection for their own vehicle. When accidents or covered events occur, policyholders file claims with their insurer, who evaluates the claims and compensates them or third parties accordingly, up to the policy’s limits. Premium payments are required to maintain coverage, and policies are usually renewed annually. Additionally, additional coverages like rental cars and roadside assistance are available for protection.
Why Do You Need Car Insurance?
Car insurance is crucial for various reasons. First and foremost, it’s usually a legal requirement, and driving without it can lead to fines, license suspension or even legal trouble. Moreover, auto insurance offers financial protection by covering the costs of vehicle repairs, medical expenses and liability in the event of accidents.
Additionally, if you have a car loan or lease, insurance is typically required by lenders or leasing companies to protect their investment. In essence, auto insurance is a fundamental component of responsible car ownership and essential for financial security and legal compliance.
How to Get Auto Insurance
Contact Total Insurance to discuss your auto insurance policy. We can make policy recommendations based on your situation.